If you are into hosting barbeque parties, pool parties or evening tea parties in your garden, then right after the winter has left with its last frost, start working on your garden to bring it back to life. Winter and icy cold winds can have some damaging effects to the plants and furniture that are placed outside. Note down these very cool tips that are mentioned below to revive your garden.
1. Inspect all the damage. If you had placed a wooden shelter, benches or other furniture outside then look for damage caused by snow and water. It is very likely that the paint would have started to come off and they would have gained a dull look. So the first thing that you should do is give these items a fresh coat of paint so that they look alive. Some home owners also place cute little picket fences to mark the boundary of the flowering beds. Give a nice fresh white coat to them as well.
2. Summer is all about colour; therefore choose plants for your garden that produce some of the most attractive summer blossoms; for example there are day lilies, Echinacea, ice plant and coneflowers. You might still be able to plant them before it gets too late. So make a visit to your local garden shop and ask a competent person about the colourful summer blossoms that would make a nice addition to your garden. It is best to plant them in a manner that they complement each other. For example, don’t plant all of the brightly coloured flowers at one end with light and neutral shades on the other. Mix them up so that the colour of each is accentuated.
3. Weeding is a never ending process if you want to keep an attractive little garden. Not only does it help your garden look neat and tidy but it also prevents the wild bushes from hampering the growth of plants that you have planted yourself. While you are focused on cleaning up your garden, borrow an old lawn mower from someone or hire a gardener for a couple of hours to mow that lawn into a nice smooth green patch and to trim that hedge to form a definitive and interesting boundary.
4. Plant few summer vegetables in one corner of your garden. This little addition will not only benefit you with the fruits of nature, it is also going to give that nice homey touch and feel to your garden. Be sure to put a nice little fence around it to keep kids away. Put some vegetables signs up and that is going to complete the vegetable garden expression.
5. Add some lighting fixtures in your garden. The right kind of lighting is the sole thing that can create a complete atmosphere all on its own. After you have trimmed up your garden and freshened up its appearance, the addition of the lighting posts will be the perfect icing on the cake.
Image: Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>