When you have a young child at home, your goal is to make sure to provide this child not only a beautiful home where he/she can live in, but a safe home too. However, many parents tend to focus on child proofing their homes in the inside only, and neglect the exterior parts of it, which can surely defeat the purpose of child proofing a home.
For example, your garden is also a part of your home. Therefore, you have to child proof it too, in order to give you a worry free mind knowing that your child is going to be safe, even if he or she spends some time in your garden during a nice afternoon.
There are many ways that parents can do in order to child proof a garden. It starts by choosing the right items to put in, and some fixtures that will prevent accidents and untoward incidents that may happen. Below are some of the tips that you might want to consider.
- Make sure that your garden is separated from the driveway by using a fence. Many homes have gardens very near to the driveway, wherein possible accidents may happen, if it is not fenced. The fence will act as a guide to your child, telling him/her that going over that fence can be very dangerous. Fences can be built in various materials, which you can choose to do it yourself too, if you want to cut down the cost.
- If you want your garden to have a play facility for your child, make sure that these equipment are of high quality and have passed the best standards for child safety.
- If your garden is near a swimming pool or anything with water that can cause slipping, fall, and drowning, then you have to set the boundaries again. Place a fence to separate the garden and the pool. Make sure that your child will not reach the pool without an adult to prevent accidents or even death.
- Sandboxes are great to let your child enjoy an outdoor play in your garden. However, to make sure it is safe to use, you have to make sure that the sandbox is always clean and germ free. To do this, always cover the sandbox when your child is done playing. This is to avoid dirt and animal feces to mix in, which can surely cause terrible health issues to your child.
- Never leave your child alone in the garden at all times. This is the best thing that you can do in order to make sure that your child is safe while playing and spending some time in the garden. Remember, anything can happen if you do not supervise a child, regardless if you have the best child proof features in any part of your home.
These are the different tips and ways that you can do, in order to child proof your home garden.
Image: Copyright: <a href=’http://www.123rf.com/profile_sarymsakov’>sarymsakov / 123RF Stock Photo</a>