Summer is here for most of us and just around the corner for a few. Would you want to spend this quality time locked up in your house like last year? If not, then start making plans with your partner and get opinions from your kids to find out where they would want to go. The best thing about living in UK is that you can reach some of the most beautiful and top destinations of the world quite conveniently on your car. You will save a lot on airfare plus you will have the added luxury of your personal transportation to take you around places.
Here is a list of top UK destinations where you can go with your family and make your summer memorable.
- The Isle of Wight is maybe the perfect summer destination for those who want to enjoy the serene watery landscape all around them. This is the biggest English island that has numerous fun opportunities for tourists and visitors. Enjoy music festivals and other outdoor sports while you are there.
- Another popular place to hit in the summers would be Brighton. To enjoy the best of the traditional Fish N’ Chips and some ice cream on the pier, this is the place to be. Be ready to expect lots more travellers over there at this time of the year; but even with the crowd this place is certainly worth the visit with family.
- Many families, especially kids, enjoy a visit or stay at one of the luscious farms. If you are one of them, then Somerset is the place to be. A picturesque and healthy environment is the kind of place where you would want to take your family away from the city. There are a lot many working farms over there and your kids are absolutely going to love it.
- However, if you are looking forward to some nice old beach fun, where you all can literally lie down and relax while your kids are busy building their forts and castles, then try one out of many relaxing beaches found in UK. In the South West, Watergate Bay, Porthcurno, Blackpool Sands are simply the best beaches; whereas in Southern England, there is West Wittering, Studland Bay, Dorset and Botany Bay, Kent. In Northern England, you can enjoy Sandsend, Yorkshire and Bamburgh, Northumberland. Of course and who can ignore Marloes Sands in Wales, Lunan Bay in Scotland, Portstewart Strand in Northern Ireland and Walberswick in East Anglia.
- If you want to try out something adventurous with your family then you should opt for the mountainous region of The Lake District towards the North West England. You can enjoy a lot of time hiking around if your kids are not too small while enjoying the breath taking view of The Lake in between.
- Kids always love a trip to amusement and theme parks and if you want to treat your children with a holiday at amusement park, then visit Alton Towers. Again, expect the place to be flooded with tourists and travellers in this season.
Image: Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>