Some of us prefer living in the calm serene mountains and some of us wish to live in the city, but we all live in a toxic world. There are environmental toxins from the pesticides, fertilizers, plastic products that we use every day. Hence our body too needs spring cleaning.
Detoxification refers to cleansing of the blood. Detoxification is resting, cleansing and nourishing the body from inside as well as outside. Detoxification eliminates the impurities in the blood stream through liver, skin, kidneys, lungs and intestines. Detox works effectively as it works on every individual cell. Detox of the body can be done in different manners like:
- Replenishing body with healthy nutrients
- Resting the various body organs by the fasting method.
- Stimulating organs to get rid of the toxins from the body.
- Improving blood circulation
Detoxification of the body is necessary at least once a year however, nursing mothers, children, cancer patients or people with degenerative diseases should be cautious. If you have symptoms like sluggishness, unexplained fatigue, allergies or infections etc, detoxing is highly recommended by health care practitioners.
- First step towards detoxification is reducing the toxin load. Cut off the consumption of alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, saturated fat, refined sugar as they hinder the healing process and produce toxin in the body.
- Secondly lessen the use of chemical based products like shampoos, deodorants, toothpastes etc and replace them with chemical free products.
- Stress is the next main factor that makes the body release toxic stress hormones. They create large amount of toxins and reduce the effectiveness of the liver to detoxify the body. Meditation helps decrease the stress levels by resetting the mental and physical reactions.
- Good eating and exercise habits avoid the toxic build up in the body.
Ideally 24 hour fast is the best way to detox. But you should keep in mind your health and you should not be on any medications. During the fast, take in lots of liquids which will help in flushing out the toxins.
The detoxification or blood purification process takes some time, which is around a 7 day detox program. A detox program should be undertaken after understanding the individual body needs. Top tips for detoxing your body are:
- Take in vitamin C as it produces glutathione which is a liver compound to remove toxins
- Include lot of fiber in your diet, like brown rice, organic fruits and vegetables. Foods like artichokes, seaweed, radishes, beets etc aid in the detoxification.
- Cleansing and protecting the liver also helps to detox. Drinking green tea and having herbs like burdock, dandelion root and milk thistle helps cleanse the liver.
- Positive feelings and emotions reduce stress.
- Breathe in deep to let the oxygen circulate in the body.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Sauna baths are good to get rid of the toxins through perspiration.
- Hydrotherapy includes a very hot shower for five minutes, wherein the water runs on the back, followed with cold water for 30 seconds and repeating the process three times, can be practiced.
- Foot baths or detox foot spas help in eliminating the toxins via body pores.
- Exercise, practicing a martial art form or yoga is indeed the best ways to detoxing your body.
Image: Copyright (c) <a href=’http://www.123rf.com’>123RF Stock Photos</a>